Ocean County Parks Banner
Parks & Recreation Department

John C. Bartlett Jr.
Ocean County Freeholder

Michael Mangum

Kenneth F. Pullen
General Supervisor

Mary J. Bavais
Superintendent of Recreation


Home Icon  Parks Home Page
Home Icon  Golf Courses Home Page
Home Icon  Cultural & Heritage
Navigation arrow  Parks Listings
Navigation arrow  Rules and Regulations
Navigation arrow  NJ Forest Fire Service
Navigation arrow  Photo Gallery
video clip icon  Video Gallery

Contact Us

Mail icon Email Parks Department

Phone Icon  Phone: 1-877-OC PARKS

Fax Icon  Fax: 1-732-270-9464

arrow  Additional Information

Q: Can I take my dog into the park?
A: We welcome well-behaved dogs on a leash. We must insist that you do clean up after your canine friends, though. Most of our parks even have "Doggie Pots" where small plastic bags are available for neat and easy cleanup!

Q: Can I bring alcoholic beverages into the parks?
A: Only beer and wine are allowed, by permit only, and only in conjunction with a reserved picnic area. Please...no glass - only aluminum cans or cardboard containers!

Q: How much is admission to a County Park?
A: There is no admission or parking fee for visiting any County Park. The only facilities which charge a fee are our golf courses.
Most classes, programs and trips charge a fee to cover our expenses; however our environmental centers such as Wells Mills County Park, Cattus Island County Park, Jakes Branch County Park and Cloverdale Farm County Park offer a number of free educational programs.

Q: Where can I buy Beach Badges?
A: Ocean County does NOT have beach badges. Our three swimming facilities are free - no admission is charged. Check with the municipality in which you wish to use swimming facilities, or in the case of State Parks, contact the park directly.

Q: Can I bring my horse into any County Parks?
A: Generally, horses and other livestock are NOT permitted; however, the Ocean County 4-H Club uses Miller Airpark Fairgrounds for sanctioned events, such as the annual Ocean County Fair. Horses are also allowed at Jakes Branch County Park and Wells Mills County Park and requests for the use of these facilities by horses and their handlers must be made to the Director and his representative.

Q: Are Quads permitted in County Parks?
A: County parks are NOT suited for quads or other motorized vehicles.

Q: Does the County Parks System have a public dock?
A: While we have a few ramps for small boats (cartop launch), there are no docks or ramps suited for larger, trailered boats.

Q: What overnight facilities are available in Ocean County Parks?
A: The parks within the County system do NOT offer any overnight camping.
All parks close at dusk. Check with State or private campgrounds.

Q: Can I get married in a County Park?
A: There are many lovely sites in our parks that are suitable for a marriage ceremony. You must, however, direct your request in writing to B. Vanderbeck at the Ocean County Parks and Recreation Adminstrative Office at least three months prior to the wedding.

Ocean County Parks & Recreation
Administrative Offices
1198 Bandon Road
Toms River, NJ 08753

Q: How can I register for a program or trip I'm interested in?
A: All registrations must be made by mail or in person, accompanied by the appropriate fee. At this time, we do NOT offer credit card or online registration. For your convenience,

 Click here for a printable registration form.