Dog Park Rules & Regulations
- The Ocean County Off-Leash dog area is for use by permit only. (With valid ID card - see below)
- Owners are responsible to bring a water bowl for their dog.
- Management reserves the right to close the area due to weather conditions.
- Children under eight (8) years of age are not permitted within the off-leash dog area. Children eight (8) years of age and older must be closely supervised by an adult.
- There is a limit of two (2) dogs per person. When others are waiting, please limit your use to thirty (30) minutes. The maximum number of dogs at one time is twenty (20).
- Owners are responsible at all times for the behavior and safety of their dogs and should be considerate of others.
- Puppies under six (6) months old are prohibited.
- Dogs must wear collars displaying valid licenses at all times and have current vaccinations. Choke collars are prohibited in the Off Leash Dog Facilities.
- Dogs must be leashed prior to entering and upon leaving area. Owners must remain with their dogs at all times and must carry a leash for each dog at all times.
- Owners must clean up after their dogs.
- No dog treats, food or toys are allowed in Off-Leash dog area.
- Dogs in heat will not be permitted inside the facility.
- Dogs non-neutered male dogs will not be permitted inside the facility.
- No chairs are permitted.
Please be advised that you will be required to have your registration card for these facilities. Registration can be done through the mail for upcoming renewals.
The two forms you'll need are available online (see below) and will be available at the two locations. You must include a copy of the rabies vaccination and dog license paperwork for your town.Fee is $5 per dog - CHECK ONLY. NO CASH. Dog Park Permit Form Dog Park Waiver
Mail your forms, check only, no cash
Ocean County Parks and Recreation
1198 Bandon Road
Toms River, NJ 08753
For more information call 732-506- 9090.
Dog Park Hours
Our Off-Leash Dog Facilities open at 8am.
Dog Facilites close 30 mins prior to the park closing time.
Dog Park LocationsOcean County Park
659 Ocean Avenue
LakewoodRobert J. Miller Air Park
901 Route 530
Berkeley TownshipFreedom Fields
1160 Route 539
Little Egg Harbor Township
All visitors are expected to adhere to the rules and regulations governing the use of facilities within the Ocean County Parks System as adopted by the Ocean County Board of Commissioners. Violators of any of the provisions set forth in the Rules and Regulations Governing the Use of Ocean County Parks and Open Space shall be subject to the penalties contained therein, pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40:24.2.